Tercept’s User Privacy & Data Security Policy
1. Important Information
1.2 Managing your information
1.3 Personal Information
Personal information is generally information that can identify an individual or information about an identifiable individual, or any other definition set forth in an applicable legislation. Personal information includes contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, address, phone number, and other information about yourself. “Personal Data” shall have the meaning ascribed to it under the GDPR.
1.4 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
Means Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data (as defined in the GDPR) and on the free movement of such data. The individual rights of EU citizens under the GDPR include the right of access to Personal Data, right to rectification or Personal Data, right of erasure of Personal Data, right to restrict/suspend processing of Personal Data, right to complain to a supervisory authority, as well as additional rights that may apply in certain instances: The right of data portability, right to withdraw consent, right to object to processing and the right to object to processing of Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
2. Information we collect
2.1 Tercept Website
When you sign up for our newsletter or express an interest in receiving additional information about the services, you are required to provide Tercept with personal contact information, such as name, company name, address, phone number, and email address (“Contact Information”). When you apply for a job with Tercept via the Website, you may be requested to provide your Contact Information and submit additional personal information such as your curriculum vitae. When you browse our Website, we may automatically collect certain information such as Cookies and other similar technologies such as web beacons. Cookies refer to a capability built into all browsers that allow a website to store data on a visitor’s computer for future use. Such data includes standard information from your web browser, such as browser type, browser language and your IP address. Security features built into all browsers prevent this data from being shared across different websites, so a website can only access information that it already had knowledge of and previously stored. Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on web pages that can be used to determine certain metrics about the Website, such as counting the visits of each page.
2.2 Tercept Services
We collect customer information directly from our customers. For example, we will collect customers’ contact information such as name, address, phone number, and email address. In addition, we may process any information that a customer may choose to provide us via the Services, including personal information.
3. How We Use Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To perform the services requested. For example, if you sign up to our newsletter we use the Contact Information you provided us with in order to send you the newsletter. We may also use your Contact Information to send you information about Tercept’s products or Services.
- To provide Tercept’s Services which you subscribed to. In that respect, when a customer chooses to provide us with personal information via the Services, Tercept will process that data in accordance with the Customer’s instructions and applicable law.
- To communicate with you as needed, whether by telephone, email or mail.
Personal information collected while you browse our Website is used to monitor and improve the experience of our Website.
For the avoidance of doubt, we will never sell your personal information to any third party and we will never use your personal information for any other purpose other than the purpose for which the personal information was provided.
4. Sharing of Information Collected
We may share the information we collect via Tercept’s Website as follows:
- With our affiliates and subsidiaries, which include entities controlling, controlled by, or under common control with Tercept.
- With vendors, service providers, agents, contractors, or others (collectively “Service Providers”) who perform functions for Tercept or on our behalf. For example, we maycontract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, marketing and promotions. We provide our Service Providers only with the information necessary for them to properly perform the requested services.
- As necessary to comply with applicable legal obligations, including requests from law enforcement or other governmental entities.
- If Tercept is merged, acquired, or sold, or in the event of a transfer of some or all of our assets, we may share or transfer Personal Information in connection with such transaction.
5. Security of your Personal Information
Tercept recognizes the importance of safeguarding the confidentiality of your personal information. Accordingly, we use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, by providing us with personal information you acknowledge that no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, any personal information you provide to us is provided at your own risk.
6. Data Retention
We retain personal information that you provide us for as long as required in accordance with the purpose for which the personal information was provided to us, or otherwise as required according to any applicable law or regulation.
Our Website and Services are not intended to nor do they seek to receive information from children under the age of 13.